Better Living Through Comics
The 2023 Joint Conference of the International Graphic Novel & Comics and the International Bande Dessinée Society
Better Living Through Comics: Do comics have a role to play in wellbeing?
We find ourselves reeling from a prolonged global period of illness and nervous about a future threatened by climate change. In this moment, we find ourselves prioritizing that which makes us happy, healthy, strong, and connected to one another—and reflecting on those phenomena that can impede these goals.
What role do comics play in literacy, science education, joy, community building, sexual discovery, hobbies, entrepreneurship, religion, citizenship, self-expression, and all the other aspects of good living around the world? What role do they play in the prevention of these same vital aspects of living well?
1. In-Person Registration
1. In-Person Registration – Standard In-Person Registration
1. In-Person Registration – Subsidised In-Person Registration (uwaged,student)
1. In-Person Registration – Conference Dinner
1. In-Person Registration – Conference Receptions
1. In-Person Registration – Cambridge City Events
Joe Sutliff Sanders